The wild garlic has finally made their annual appearance in our local woods. They have a fantastic flavour and can be used in salad and cooking alike. We’ve added some to everyone’s boxes this week so you can enjoy this recipe. It’s an all time favourite here at Coleshill…
- Chop the garlic leaves roughly and wilt slowly in 1 oz. butter.
- Stir in the finely grated zest of the orange.
- After a few minutes, stir in the juice of ½-1 orange, put on a very low heat and let it reduce slightly.
- Steam sufficient purple sprouting broccoli for 2 people for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Once ready, pour the orange butter over the strained purple sprouting broccoli and serve.
This works equally well with white sprouting. And while it is fabulous on its own, we serve it with pasta and a good grating of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!